Below are Alamo's policies on age requirements:
- The primary renter of the vehicle must be 25 years of age, or in limited
cases, the minimum age is 21.
- All drivers must show a valid driver's license at time of rental.
- Rental rates may be higher for renters aged 21 - 24.
- Certain specialty and larger sized vehicles may not be rented to younger
- Some locations maintain maximum age limits.
- Alamo reserves the right to refuse rental of a vehicle if the renter
demonstrates inability to handle road rules and conditions.
- Military or Government personnel on official orders renting at government
rates may rent at 18 years of age
New York state: The minimum age for NY is 18 years, subject to a
per day surcharge.
Montgomery, AL: Does not permit renters under age 25